Submission points (one per assignment) are set up on the MSc/MRes: Assessment & Feedback (Code Y20XX-005832) module on the VLE. The submission points are available at the beginning of the academic year and you can submit your work by clicking on the correct link on each page. Clear instructions about how to submit your work electronically are provided at the following links:
- Submitting work to an anonymous assignment submission point - guide
- Submitting work to an anonymous assignment submission point - video
- Ensuring your work is anonymised - guide
Please note the following:
- Make sure you submit your work in good time. DO NOT LEAVE IT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO UPLOAD. Slow connections etc. are not accepted as a Mitigating Circumstance. Home connections are typically slower and potentially more unreliable than connections on campus.
- You may make multiple submissions up to (and past) the assessment deadline but by default we will mark only either (a) your last submission before the deadline, or (b) your first late submission, if you did not submit anything prior to the deadline. Any other submissions, including additional submissions made after the deadline, will only be considered by special agreement and normal late penalties will be applied. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance if you wish to arrange this.
- After submission you can check your submitted file at the bottom of the assignment submission page.
- EVERYTHING submitted must be clearly labelled with your examination number and NOT your name - please see the following guide on anonymising work prior to submission.
- All submissions may be screened for collusion and plagiarism. By submitting your assignment you agree to the University rules on Collusion and Plagiarism.
- If there is a genuine technical problem with the VLE at the time you intend to submit and it is close to the deadline then please e-mail your work to email@example.com This may only be used as a last resort in the case of verifiable technical issues with the VLE. Submissions not meeting these conditions may be ignored. The time stamp on the email will determine the time of submission.
- You will receive an e-mail receipt when you have successfully submitted. This will confirm the submission date and time. If this is past the deadline then the normal University late penalties apply, unless you have mitigation. The deadline is not flexible.
- It is your responsibility to produce files that are readable, not corrupt, in .doc or .docx format (unless stated otherwise) and 30MB or less. Please see here for details on reducing the file sizes. Make sure you can produce files like this in advance.
Dummy Submission point
If you would like to practice submitting work electronically, there is a dummy submission point on the MSc/MRes: Assessment & Feedback site on the VLE. Any work submitted to this submission point will not be viewed.