You can appeal against a procedural error in arriving at an academic decision or on the basis of Exceptional Circumstances Affecting Assessment that, for good reason, you did not declare at the time of the assessment or a procedural irregularity in the assessment.

However, you cannot appeal against an academic judgement of your work (this is the marker’s opinion).

For further details on both terms and how to appeal, visit: 

Assistance with appeals and representation at hearings is also available through the Students’ Union Advice and Support Centre (ASC). All communication is confidential and free. For further information, visit:

For information on making a complaint, see the 'Making a Complaint' section.

  • No labels