Welcome to the Research Computing Support pages - a place for finding information on the facilities available, training courses, events and other sources of support for research or high performance computing. If you need further help or advice, please contact the IT Support Office.
For information on research computing facilities available to you, and how to go about using them, see:
For details of future and past events, see:
Where to look for training
For suggestions on University of York training resources, external training courses and online training sessions, see:
- Research Computing Training
- Quick start: An Introduction to Research Computing at York online course
- Viking Quick Start Guide
For reports, including surveys and the Viking annual report, see:
Some useful links
- Research Computing Facilities - the University web page providing an overview of facilities
- Research Computing Working Group
- HPC Management Committee
Other types of support
- Coding Club - an informal group for people who write or develop research software. Runs a drop-in session once a month; subscribe to the mailing list (details on the website) for dates and times.
- R User Group. Every third Friday of the month, researchers from across the University will present on applied statistics in R, based on their own research as well as introducing tools that helped them make better use of this software. For more details, contact Tom Patton: email@example.com.