We can now create areas on Viking to store public datasets that can be accessed by all users. The benefits are as followed;
- Storage space taken on Viking from these datasets do not go against your quota
- We can keep up to date version of these datasets and download the latest releases
- We will keep 3 versions of the datasets (unless explicitly asked)
- Users do not have to download these datasets themselves which saves disk space on Viking
If you require access to a dataset that has not been included on Viking please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details
- Url to the dataset
- Name of dataset
- Date of data set creation
This is not an area to store local group data. If you need an area for this please email email@example.com and we can set up a group directory for you. We also plan to keep 3 versions of these data unless a user requests otherwise.
We retain a number of datasets in the following location on Viking
These are updated frequently.
The location also describes the dataset and it's creation date:
If you would like a dataset adding please get in touch. If you find you do not have access please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available datasets in biol-database-2020