Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure dates are automatically allocated within your calendar and allowance. Therefore, when you view your balance (see above), this is the remaining number of leave days excluding BH and closure days.
There are 8 public (Bank) holidays in the year and the University has 3 or 4 closure days between Christmas and New Year. However, for 2022 only, there is an additional Bank Holiday (see section below).
If you are part-time, BH and closure days will already have been applied to your entitlement pro rata.
How many public holidays and closure days are there in the holiday year 2021/22?
There will be 12:
- Christmas Day (substitute day Monday 27th December 2021)
- Boxing Day (substitute day Tuesday 28th December 2021)
- 3x closure days (Wednesday 29th - Friday 31st December 2021)
- New Year’s Day (substitute day Monday 3rd January 2022)
- Good Friday (Friday 15th April 2022)
- Easter Monday (Monday 18th April 2022)
- May Day Bank Holiday (Monday 2nd May 2022)
- Spring Bank Holiday (Thursday 2nd June 2022)
- Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday (Friday 3rd June 2022) - additional for 2022 only
- August Bank Holiday (Monday 29th August 2022)
When you look at your leave calendar on FlexiLeave, you will see that these days have already been applied as holiday (blue):