An opportunity to reflect upon what we have achieved in the past two years as an open research community of practice, share ideas and plans on where we are going next, and discuss what challenges we still need to address across all disciplines at the University. It will also be an opportunity to highlight a selection of projects from our recent York Open Research Awards scheme.
This will be a friendly and informal networking event, with plenty of opportunities for sharing experiences and ideas.
The event will include lunch, refreshments and York Open Research branded merchandise (subject to availability).
- 11:00-11:20 - Welcome and summary of recent Open Research activities at York - Professor Sarah Thompson, chair of the University of York Open Research Strategy Group
- 11:20-12:10 - Lightning talks from York Open Research Awards 2022
- Aspectus: A Journal for Visual Culture - Caitlin Doley, History of Art
- JBU visualisation tool - Dr Andrew Mason, Biology (on behalf of Vlad Ungureanu)
- Number Processing in Bilinguals - Veniamin Shiron, Psychology
- Parent-mediated play‐based interventions to improve social communication and language skills of preschool autistic children - Emre Deniz, Education
- 12:10-12:15 - 5 minute break
- 12:15-13:00 - Breakout discussions and prioritisation exercise: What’s next for Open Research at York?
- 13:00-13:30 - Lunch, including Wrap up of the breakout discussions