Current University Position 01/07/20
The University has 50 licenses for webinars for up to 500 users. There are more (000's) licenses available for up to 100 participants. Unified Comms & AV jointly control the single large event licence for up to 3,000 participants.
All licenses are enabled on individual University users' accounts by Stefan Wielgosz & Phil Watson on request.
Live streaming has been enabled for meetings & webinars - please contact Audio Visual for further information
Please contact us to talk through live streaming options
Below is an overview of steps and suggestions when setting up and running a webinar, and an example process:
3 days (or more) before the event -
- Schedule the webinar (enable Q&A, enable Practice session)
- Assign alternative host
- Change the contact details as required - by default it will be the Host's personal details
- Send invitations to panellists/co-hosts etc
- Email the attendee link to (personal email address)
Day of the event -
- Check that panellists/co-hosts etc. have received invitations
- Check that YOUR account settings will record the speaker, gallery and screen share views separately
- Check YOUR account Chat settings - allow Chat for panelists
- Check automatic Cloud Recording setting - if it's not automatic, remember to start the recording
At time of Practice -
- Select panellists to be co-hosts so they can mute/unmute themselves
- Check screen share audio settings if video/audio is required
- Check Chat settings in Chat window so that Attendees chat to no one. Chat is used for production comms, Q&A is for attendee questions only.
- Emphasise that the Attendee view is not the same as the participants/panelists view.
5 minutes before the scheduled start time -
- Ask all panellists to mute themselves (video & audio)
- Optional - Share the screen which has a holding slide and audio (possibly your own)
- Begin the broadcast - all attendees will now see and hear everything
Near scheduled start time -
- Use chat to give the Chair/first presenter a 30 seconds warning
- Start recording if not already done
- Approx 10 seconds before the scheduled start time, use chat to tell the Chair/first presenter to unmute their microphone and video and begin speaking IMMEDIATELY.
- Stop screen sharing of holding slide when they appear on screen
During the webinar -
- Co-hosts need to check incoming questions and respond accordingly
- Dismiss any 'raised hands'. Raised hands are ignored - if an attendee needs to ask a question, they can only use the Q&A facility. This can be disabled by default.
- Be prepared to show a slide if there are technical problems - a co-host may need to make an announcement if this occurs
- PANEL SESSIONS: Use the 'Spotlight Video' feature to highlight the individual panellists when they are speaking. This clears anomalies (eg the last speaker remains on screen) on some attendee devices.
After the webinar -
- Download the recordings (zoom will send the Host an email when they're ready), and send them to be edited.