You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Next »

This page contains advice on licensing and copyright but does not highlight all the legal requirements that may be involved. Anyone using such content should obtain licenses or permissions as required based.

General information regarding the licences that the University holds for academic & research purposes is here.There are separate licences for extracts of text/still images, off-air recordings & DVD content, copying of newspaper content.

The University does not hold any other copyright licences for the whole institution. Colleges, departments and student societies may need to make their own arrangements to license activities which would otherwise infringe copyright.

Before using or broadcasting any music or video/film content in a public environment you should ensure that you have either obtained the permission to use it, or have followed the appropriate requirements to use it.

In a University context, 'public environment' can be defined as a Public or Open Lecture, or an event which is transmitted online (either via Zoom or Youtube for example).

The University does not hold a PRS/PPL licence - now called TheMusicLicence.

It is for users to obtain this themselves if appropriate to their event.

Case Studies

  • No labels